Game design : Making computer play

Willem willem at stack.nl
Mon Apr 14 04:29:03 EDT 2008

v4vijayakumar wrote:
) On Apr 14, 12:35 pm, Richard Heathfield <r... at see.sig.invalid> wrote:
)> v4vijayakumar said:
)> > In computer based, two player, board games, how to make computer play?
)>
)> Write some code that works out what the computer player should do. If you
)> want a better answer, ask a better question.
)
) I am just implementing a game played in my village (Tamilnadu /
) India), called "aadupuli" (goats and tigers). There are only 23
) positions and 18 characters (15 goats and 3 tigers). Some of you might
) be aware of this.

Odd, I thought there were 25 positions, 20 goats and 4 tigers.
*googles*  Oh wait, that is Bagh Chal.  Roughly the same rules,
different board layout and number of tigers.

) I can post initial version of the game (implemented using html/
) javascript) in couple of hours here.
)
) Welcome any help in making computer to play one of these player.

If the board is that small then an exhaustive search might work,
but then the computer would be unbeatable.

Minmax would be best I guess.

SaSW, Willem
            drugged or something..
#EOT