ANN: pry unit testing framework

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Sat Apr 5 17:54:37 EDT 2008

Aldo Cortesi wrote:
> Steve,
>
>> Kay at least has a long history as a contributor in this group, so
>> people know how to interpret her remarks and know that her contributions
>> are made on the basis of a deep understanding of Python. She is far from
>> belonging to the "peanut gallery", and to suggest otherwise betrays
>> either ignorance, arrogance, or both.
>
> While I'm not a regular poster on this list, I have been reading it for
> nearly 10 years, so I probably have more context here than you suspect.
> At least one mail to this list and a number of personal emails to me
> suggest that it is Kay and and indeed you who are temporarily out of
> line with the tone of the list. A more impartial re-reading of the
> debate so far might make you judge my final, admittedly angry, response
> more fairly.

To be fair I wasn't commenting on the whole thread, more on the angry
nature of your final reply, and didn't really consider Kay's remarks
fully. So perhaps I could ask *both* of you to be more civil to each
other, and leave it at that? Storm in a teacup, of course. I'm sure war
won;t be declared about this.

Consider the 200,000 (?) readers of the group who *didn't* complain
about your post and your software as supporters, if you like :-)

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119