Python Success stories

Mike Hansen mhansen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 16:12:07 EDT 2008

On Apr 22, 3:25 am, azrael <jura.gro... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hy guys,
> A friend of mine i a proud PERL developer which always keeps making
> jokes on python's cost.
>
> Please give me any arguments to cut him down about his commnets
> like :"keep programing i python. maybe, one day, you will be able to
> program in VisualBasic"
>
> This hurts. Please give me informations about realy famous
> aplications.

Sage ( http://www.sagemath.org ) is a pretty large Python computer
algebra system ( about 150,000 unique lines of Python and 75,000
unique lines of Cython as a rough estimate).  Python turned out to be
an _excellent_ language do this in since it allows for quick
development time for many things that aren't speed dependent while
allowing a seemless transition to fast code with Cython.

--Mike