diffing and uniqing directories

telus news thinkofwhy at yahoo.ca
Sun Apr 27 14:29:46 EDT 2008

Just so happens that I am partially finished a gui file backup app. I have
many backup CDs and I wanted to consolidate them. You know, all image files
in one dir, all install files in another dir, etc. My app scans the input
dir tree and displays all file extensions that it finds. You can then remove
any extensions that you don't want backed-up, and you can toggle to exclude
the listed extensions. It also calculates min/max file sizes that you can
adjust.

Then the next page allows you to adjust the sub-dir depth with a slider,
which displays the total number of files and total amount of memory they
will take, for each sub-dir depth. You can also choose to enable versioning,
whether or not to put all files into one dir or create a dir for each file
type (extension), whether or not to actually backup the files, to write all
input pathnames and/or output pathnames to a file. Of course, it won't
backup a dir tree as a copy, it can only flatten a dir tree, so if you
backup a development source dir, all files will get put into the same dir
and that wouldn't be good.

I've also used py2exe to make it a drag-n-drop install. What do you think?
<castironpi at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:bf7b9788-c108-4dad-bffe-49ff8e12bcb4 at a22g2000hsc.googlegroups.com...
On Apr 27, 2:37 am, Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch <bj_... at gmx.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 20:35:29 -0700, rustom wrote:
> > On Apr 27, 12:31 am, castiro... at gmail.com wrote:
> >> On Apr 26, 1:14 pm, "Rustom Mody" <rustompm... at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> […]
>
> > If this is an answer to my question I dont understand it!
>
> castironpi is either a bot or trolling. Just ignore its posts.
>
> Ciao,
> Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

I am a bot or trolling.  Bots and bot detectors were the first forms
of internet life, you know.