pprint module and newer standard types

Donald 'Paddy' McCarthy paddy3118 at netscape.net
Fri Apr 18 02:41:40 EDT 2008

Hi,
When  I try and use pprint on standard types I get varying 'quality of
output'.

Lists will wrap nicely to multiple lines as will dicts, but sets and
defaultdicts give one long unreadable line.
Is their a chance to get this changed so that more built-in types look
pretty when printed with pprint?

I just did a small trial on an early version of Python 3 and sets
don't seem to obey pprint.pprints width argument, the same way that
lists do:

Python 3.0a1 (py3k:57844, Aug 31 2007, 16:54:27) [MSC v.1310 32 bit
(Intel)] on win32
 >>> from pprint import pprint as pp
 >>> pp(list(range(3)), width=4)

[0,