makepy.py not working

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Apr 9 02:36:06 EDT 2008

En Tue, 08 Apr 2008 10:18:48 -0300, <suzhi18 at googlemail.com> escribió:

> I've a problem getting makepy running. When I start the tool on my
> machine with doubleclick everything is fine.
> But when I try this in my Code:
>
> makepy.py -i "Microsoft Excel 11.0 Object Library(1.5)"

The above is supposed to be executed as a command, in a CMD console. It's
not pyton code.

> I am getting an Syntax Error and command:
>
> makepy.py
>
> bring me this message on the screen:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<interactive input>", line 1, in <module>
> NameError: name 'makepy' is not defined

Same as above: makepy.py is a filename, not a Python expression.

> Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

What do you actually want to do?
The documentation for makepy and win32com.client.gencache is in the
pywin32 help files, section Quick-Starts to Python and COM.

--
Gabriel Genellina