]ANN[ Vellum 0.16: Lots Of Documentation and Watching

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Tue Apr 29 22:37:04 EDT 2008

"Zed A. Shaw" <zedshaw at zedshaw.com> writes:

> Just putting out an announcement that I've released a new version of
> Vellum numbered 0.16.

When announcing new versions of Foo software, please always include
(near the top) a "What is Foo?" or "About Foo" section, so that people
know what you're talking about and why it's relevant for the forum.

> GPLv3?
>
> How do people feel about Vellum's GPLv3 status?

The GPLv3 is not without problems, but it's a decent copyleft license.
I'm happy to see more software under the GPLv3 rather than licenses
less rigorous about ensuring the software remains free, so thankyou.

--
 \                   “A free press is one where it’s okay to state the |
  `\           conclusion you’re led to by the evidence.” —Bill Moyers |