How is GUI programming in Python?

Kam-Hung Soh kamhung.soh at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 23:23:48 EDT 2008

On Apr 10, 12:35 pm, Benjamin <musiccomposit... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 9, 8:54 pm, Chris Stewart <cstewart... at gmail.com> wrote:> I've always had an interest in Python and would like to dabble in it
> > further.  I've worked on a few very small command line programs but
> > nothing of any complexity.  I'd like to build a really simple GUI app
> > that will work across Mac, Windows, and Linux.  How painful is that
> > going to be?  I used to be really familiar with Java Swing a few years
> > ago.  I imagine it will be similar.
>
> Since it's Python, it will be a lot less painless than anything
> else. :)
>
> > Next, what would you say is the best framework I should look into?
> > I'm curious to hear opinions on that.
>
> Tkinter is the easiest for little apps, but when I'm doing anything
> for real, I use PyQt.
>

> > Chris Stewart
> > cstewart... at gmail.com

Since the OP has Swing programming experience, what about Jython
(http://www.jython.org/Project/index.html)?

"Jython is an implementation of the high-level, dynamic, object-
oriented language Python written in 100% Pure Java, and seamlessly
integrated with the Java platform. It thus allows you to run Python on
any Java platform."

--
Kam-Hung Soh <a href="http://kamhungsoh.com/blog">Software Salariman</
a>