Is massive spam coming from me on python lists?

Mark Shroyer usenet-mail at markshroyer.com
Mon Apr 21 03:14:57 EDT 2008

In article <mailman.771.1208757715.17997.python-list at python.org>,
 Brian Vanderburg II <BrianVanderburg2 at aim.com> wrote:

> I've recently gotten more than too many spam messages and all say
> Sender: python-list-bounces+my=email.address at python.org.  I'm wondering
> if my mail list registration is now being used to spam myself and
> others.  If so, sorry, but I'm not the one sending messages if other are
> getting them even though Sender seems to include my address (I'm not
> sure about mail headers so I don't know how From: is different than
> Sender:)  Anyway, it seems to be a bunch of spam emails about cracks and
> stuff.
>
> Brian Vanderburg II

Nah, if anyone owes anybody an apology, then whatever mail server admins
decided that it would be a good idea to accept SMTP messages before
actually determining that the RCPT TO address is, in fact, deliverable,
thereby creating a deluge of backscatter and filling up your inbox,
should be groveling on their knees and begging *you* for forgiveness. ;)

(I haven't seen any such spam messages myself; but the way I'm set up, I
wouldn't receive them even if that is the case.)

--
Mark Shroyer, http://markshroyer.com/contact/
         I have joined others in blocking Google Groups due to excessive