py3k concerns. An example

Aaron Watters aaron.watters at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 14:07:12 EDT 2008

> Try coming up with a real standard for evaluation.
> How much of a performance hit will actually cause you trouble?  1% extra
> on string interpolation?  10%? 50%? 200%?

You misread my comment.  I don't want function calls to support
dictionary emulation if there is a speed penalty because this is
such a special case and function calls are so important.
I don't really know, but I think "fixing" the above issue for
string.format(...) might involve changing the representation of
every python stack frame... not worth it in this case if there
is any penalty (afaik there isn't).

An alternative is to provide an alternate interface to string.format
so
that you could pass in an object which might emulate a dictionary,
like string.formatDict(D) -- or you could even adopt a shortcut
notation like string % D -- hey there's an idea!
   -- Aaron Watters

===
http://www.xfeedme.com/nucular/pydistro.py/go?FREETEXT=ignore+warnings