How is GUI programming in Python?

Ben Kaplan bskaplan14 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 9 22:12:25 EDT 2008

The pain level all depends on how you go about it. If you try to builda GUI from scratch, it will be very painful. If you use a toolkit, thenit's pretty close to working with Swing. WxPython is the only one I've used, so Ican't give you a "best one". I can say that going from Swing to wxPython wasn't too difficult.

Here is the python wiki page with a bunch of the different ways to makecross-platform GUIs, if you want to just look at a couple.
http://wiki.python.org/moin/GuiProgramming