pgdb: Debugging Python extensions made easier

SteveD steve.j.donovan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 02:18:28 EDT 2008

They are not insurmontable problems. But you will still see things
like this:

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/66510

The point being that with a newish GDB (the current mingw GDB
is still 5.x) there's no need for such tedious tricks, since
it handles pending breakpoints fine. The additional trick I
use for debugging plain non-debug python is to use symbol-file
to load some arbitrary symbols, so GDB will not complain
about breakpoints.

steve d.