When does a binary extension gets the file extension '.pyd' and when is it '.so'

Roel Schroeven rschroev_nospam_ml at fastmail.fm
Sun Apr 6 06:46:42 EDT 2008

llothar schreef:
>> There are ways to build distributions of Python extensions (modules or
>> packages involving binary code from languages like C or C++), but you
>> will want to understand a bit more about computing in general
>
> Believe me nobody needs to teach me anything about general programming
> anymore.

"The people who are best at programming are the people who realize how
small their brains are. They are humble." -- Edsger Dijkstra, 1972

(http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/000051.html,
http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/EWD/ewd03xx/EWD340.PDF)

--
The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge
faster than society gathers wisdom.

Roel Schroeven