Python for Series 40 Nokia?

colemichae at gmail.com colemichae at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 22:43:04 EDT 2008

On Apr 18, 8:46 am, "Dotan Cohen" <dotanco... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I had once heard something about python running on a Series 40 Nokia,
> but I am unable to google anything concrete. Might it have been
> Jython? Is there a known implementation of Python for the series 40
> (which is not Symbian, by the way)? Will Jython work in such an
> environment?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Dotan Cohen
>
> http://what-is-what.comhttp://gibberish.co.il
> א-ב-ג-ד-ה-ו-ז-ח-ט-י-ך-כ-ל-ם-מ-ן-נ-ס-ע-ף-פ-ץ-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת
>
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

there is a comment here of using jython on a nokia S40
Nokia 7210 SDK for Nokia Series 40 platform.
http://bookshelf.sourceforge.net/en/src-build.html

So i think i will work.

I am using a S60 and works well, I have a GPS program in Python,
Editors, Ogg player, and other assorted items.

I myself purchased the Nokia N70 purely because of the Python ability
it had..