Any reliable obfurscator for Python 2.5

Banibrata Dutta banibrata.dutta at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 02:07:46 EDT 2008

On 4/21/08, Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:

> If it's important to you to be able to obfuscate your code then you have
> made an inapposite choice of language.

Cutting through all the smoke (thanks to the slight flame we had), this
seems to be the answer that 'shines thorough'... if this is coming from an
expert who knows the Language darn too well (and I don't doubt that Steve
does), I'd take it.

I'm a Noob with Python, and probably the question was a bit premature i.e.
w/o enough research. Creation of 'pyc' in encrypted zip with a
decrypting/embedded-interpreter launcher seems like an excellent work-around
for what I need.

I am not sure how many of you who are against obfuscation use Skype. I'd be
glad to know. If you don't, I trust that you are a OSS zealot, and respect
you for that. If you do, then you may be surprised to know that for the
excellent functionality, ease-of-use and stability/robusness of
communication it provides, it's one of the most closed-source software you
could imagine. The strategic reasons for doing so are not too hard to
imagine.

Thanks to all for this response. BTW, I'm glad that I chose Python over few
other available options. The community participation and response is quite
fantastic.

cheers.