[Python 2.4/2.5] subprocess module is sorely deficient?

Ben Kaplan bskaplan14 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 23 05:41:21 EDT 2008

I don't know about all Linux distros, but my Ubuntu machine (8.04 Beta), has the 'TERM' (xterm) and 'COLORTERM' (gnome-terminal) keys in os.environ. You might be able to use that to ensure that the terminal is installed, but you should probably look at a couple of other popular distros first to make sure that the key is there.