Finally had to plonk google gorups.

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Thu Apr 17 09:55:05 EDT 2008

On 2008-04-17, Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 09:19:37 -0500, Grant Edwards <grante at visi.com>
>
>> I broke down and joined all the other people that just killfile
>> everything posted via google.groups.
>
> Unfortunately, that is the one weak point in Agent... Usenet
> kill filters only take subject or author fields...

Sound like a good reason to hack on Agent so that you can kill
based on any header you want.

> I suspect they try to apply them when fetching headers before
> downloading the messages and don't have other fields
> available...
>
> So... given the recent batch... My next best was to kill on
> @gmail...

That's the one big reason I've not switched over to using my
gmail address.  I'm thinking I should register my own domain
and have it forward to my gmail address.  That way I get all
the free storage (and web access) on gmail's imap server
without the stigma of using a gmail.com address.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I joined scientology
                                  at               at a garage sale!!