Python crashes consistently

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Wed Apr 16 07:56:23 EDT 2008

Pete Crite wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've been trying to install Gnumeric via MacPorts recently, but I
> can't get past the installation of py25-numpy.

You are using the wrong python version. Don't use MacPorts for this, because
it will install a local, non-framework version of python - which will do
you no good if you e.g. want to use any OSX-specific stuff.

Use the official 2.5 framework version. And then install Numpy yourself
(which is a bit annoying I admit, as you need to install e.g. a fortran
compiler, but it is pretty well documented)

Diez