python-ldap - Operations Error

t.a.adjuster at gmail.com t.a.adjuster at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 15:25:01 EDT 2008

On Apr 24, 2:02 pm, theivi... at gmail.com wrote:
> Not sure if this is an AD thing or just something i needed to do with
> our particular server/config.

Glad to hear my posting helped somebody.

In our case, our domain controller was passing us referrals to the
Configuration, ForestDNSZones, and DomainDNSZones partitions of the
directory when we were doing SCOPE_SUBTREE scoped searches from the
root DN of an AD domain. When python-ldap tried to chase those
referrals it did so with an anonymous bind, hence the error.

Once we turned off the OPT_REFERRALS option, our only other
consideration was to be sure that, when iterating over our search
results, we just scrubbed out the referrals that were returned (based
on the referrals being lists and the real search results being
dictionaries). This is a bit quick and dirty, perhaps, but it's what
did the trick for us.

Evan