IDLE gripe and question

Guilherme Polo ggpolo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 23:15:13 EDT 2008

2008/4/22, Dick Moores <rdm at rcblue.com>:
> I have IDLE 1.2.1, on Win XP, Python 2.5.1.
>
>  The first time I use File | Open to open a script, the Open dialogue box
> always opens at E:\Python25\Lib\idlelib.

Here on Linux it opens at the directory from where idle was executed,
so I can't exactly reproduce the problem. But..

> Most of the scripts I want to
> access are in E:\PythonWork. There doesn't seem to be a way to change the
> default folder to E:\PythonWork, but is there?

you could open a bug report on bugs.python.org and request for this feature.
Do you think using the directory of the last opened file opened would
be good enough ? It already maintains the recent opened files so the
first entry could be used for this new feature.

>  Thanks,
>
>  Dick Moores

-- Guilherme H. Polo Goncalves