best way to host a membership site

Aaron Watters aaron.watters at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 10:20:13 EDT 2008

> We're about to start a couple somewhat similar projects here, and while
> our chief engineer is a definitive Ruby/Rails addict, we finally settled
> on Django. While it's not my own personal favorite Python MVC framework,
> it's still a very good one, and probably the more mature and stable so
> far. wrt/ the "add more apps in the future" concern, you may want to
> read this:http://www.b-list.org/weblog/2007/nov/29/django-blog/

Interesting link.  Django does seem to be a well designed
modular approach -- and I think if it had existed back in
'97 the history of web development would have been much
different.

I can't help feeling that it would be nice to have a
collection of tools that was even more orthogonal
and flexible, and WSGI
seems to possibly offer a nice base platform for constructing
tools like these.  Also I think it remains devilishly difficult
to implement ajaxy functionalities like smart data pickers,
in-form validation, partial form saving, "chatty interfaces" etc.

What are some good paradigms or
methodologies or ideas out there that the Python community
should steal? :)

warning: It's very possible that my understanding of Django is not
deep enough and that the answer is "Django".
   -- Aaron Watters
===
http://www.xfeedme.com/nucular/pydistro.py/go?FREETEXT=you+may+cheat