set file permission on windows

Mike Driscoll kyosohma at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 14:55:39 EDT 2008

On Apr 8, 1:19 pm, "Tim Arnold" <tim.arn... at sas.com> wrote:
> "Mike Driscoll" <kyoso... at gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:7d75fc7b-a2b7-4ca2-b386-27da975043d0 at m44g2000hsc.googlegroups.com...
>

> > On Apr 8, 12:03 pm, "Tim Arnold" <tim.arn... at sas.com> wrote:
> >>    <snip>
> > According to the following thread, you can use os.chmod on Windows:
>
> >http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2003-June/210268.html
>
> > You can also do it with the PyWin32 package. Tim Golden talks about
> > one way to do it here:
>
> >http://timgolden.me.uk/python/win32_how_do_i/add-security-to-a-file.html
>
> > Also see the following thread:
>
> >http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-win32/2004-July/002102.html
>
> > or
>
> >http://bytes.com/forum/thread560518.html
>
> > Hope that helps!
>
> > Mike
>
> Hi Mike,
> It does help indeed, especially the last two links. That certainly gets me
> started in the right direction. I'm always amazed at the helpful generosity
> of the folks on this list.
> thanks again for the help.
> --Tim Arnold

Hi Tim,

I thought I'd used the methods in those last two links before, but I
was thinking of changing permissions on running services to reboot a
PC, which is not quite the same. If you run into more issues, there's
a PyWin32 mailing list with helpful people there too. You can find it
here: http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-win32

Mike