error: (10035, 'The socket operation...

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Apr 28 03:27:51 EDT 2008

En Sun, 27 Apr 2008 21:41:57 -0300, Benjamin Kaplan <bsk16 at case.edu> escribió:

>> On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 7:01 PM, Don Hanlen <dhanlen at owt.com> wrote:
>>  > IDLE internal error in runcode()
>>  >  Traceback (most recent call last):
>>  >   File "C:\PYTHON25\lib\idlelib\rpc.py", line 235, in asyncqueue
>>  >     self.putmessage((seq, request))
>>  >   File "C:\PYTHON25\lib\idlelib\rpc.py", line 332, in putmessage
>>  >     n = self.sock.send(s[:BUFSIZE])
>>  >  error: (10035, 'The socket operation could not complete without
>>  >  blocking')
>>  >
>>  >  Does this look familiar to anyone?  I can't figure out what to do
>>  >  about it.  Python 2.5, windoze.  I get it when I execute a Tkinter op
>>  >  that works elsewhere.

>>  It might have something to do with the fact that IDLE uses Tkinter,
>>  but, having never used it myself, I'm not sure.

I think IDLE doesn't work well with Tkinter apps, they compete for the main loop. But perhaps that's already been resolved in recent releases. Anyway this looks like a different problem, I'd file a bug at bugs.python.org
In the meantime, run your app from the command line instead of from inside IDLE.

--
Gabriel Genellina