Tidy module?

Mark Reed markjreed at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 15:00:22 EDT 2008

Is there an easy_installable egg with an interface to libtidy?  I
found µTidy, but it looks like an inactive project, with no updates
since 2004, so I'm skeptical of its reliability.  I found mxTidy, but
it's only available as part of some larger distribution, and I don't
want to replace my Python installation.  Is there one out there that I
missed?

Preferably, it'd be a single module I can drop into my current Python
2.5 installation, ideally via easy_install, to get tidy functionality
without having to resort to os.popen("tidy").

Thanks in advance for any pointers.