Finding the selected file in Windows Explorer

Mike Driscoll kyosohma at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 11:12:40 EDT 2008

On Apr 21, 9:44 am, domir... at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I need to find the selected file(s) in a Windows Explorer window from
> another program (I'd look at the window that last had focus). I found
> something in the following page that should do the trick:
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2004/07/20/188696.aspx
>
> However, it is not Python and, while I'm a competent Python
> programmer, Win32, COM and the like are somewhat outside my
> competences.
>
> Does any one know how to do something similar in Python?
>
> Tks!
> Domiriel

I think the guys on the PyWin32 mailing list were just talking about
something similar earlier this month. Looks like it was how to select
a file in Explorer. You can check out that thread here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/python-win32@python.org/maillist.html

Or just join their mailing list and re-post your question there: