Setting default version among multiple python installations

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Apr 9 03:45:28 EDT 2008

En Wed, 09 Apr 2008 02:45:28 -0300, Karthik <karthikk at adventnet.com>
escribió:

> if i type python2.5 i am able to use the latest python, but if i simply
> type python it taken me to the older version. (it is a minor annoyance,
> but I want to know how to fix it)

 From the README file:

         There's an executable /usr/bin/python which is Python
         1.5.2 on most older Red Hat installations; several key Red Hat
tools
         require this version.  Python 2.1.x may be installed as
         /usr/bin/python2.  The Makefile installs Python as
         /usr/local/bin/python, which may or may not take precedence
         over /usr/bin/python, depending on how you have set up $PATH.

--
Gabriel Genellina