Java or C++?

Ivan Illarionov ivan.illarionov at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 08:01:16 EDT 2008

On 15 апр, 07:46, Brian Vanderburg II <BrianVanderbu... at aim.com>
wrote:
[...]
> C has the advantage that it does not to anything behind your back.  This
> is very useful especially for any form of system development or where
> you must know exactly what is going on.  It is still possible to do
> 'object oriented' development in C, it just requires some more typing to
> set up whatever is needed. Even things like COM for windows can be done
> in C, it just requires manually building the 'vtable' so to speak.
> Also, C seems to avoid the use of temporaries where as C++ can use them
> in conversions and assignments automatically if needed.

Great point. It's also possible to do Python object-oriented
programming in C. 'PyMethodDefs' are the same 'vtables'. I've found
that Python/C API is not that hard, the problem is a lack of good
tutorials and false assumptions that ctypes or SWIG are somehow
better. After `#include Python.h` C becomes very Python friendly.