developing web spider

zillow10 at googlemail.com zillow10 at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 2 09:54:21 EDT 2008

On Apr 2, 6:37 am, abeen <abe... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would want to know which could be the best programming language for
> developing web spider.
> More information about the spider, much better,,
>
> thanks
>
> http://www.imavista.com

Just saw this while passing by... There's a nice book by Michael
Schrenk (www.schrenk.com) called "Webbots, Spiders and Screen
Scrapers" that teaches scraping and spidering from the ground up using
PHP. Since you said you want more info on spiders, this book might be
a good way for you to acquire concept and implementation hand-in-hand.
He's also developed a nice webbot library in PHP that you can get from
his website.

 Also comes with a nice webbot library (which you can download from
the website anyway).