nntplib retrieve news://FULL_URL

James.Pells at gmail.com James.Pells at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 18:30:41 EDT 2008

So I have established a connection to an nntp server and I am
retrieving articles to other articles on the server such as

Now I am wondering how I query for that article based off of the url?

I assume D8L4MFAG0 is an id of some sort but when I try and retrieve
that article via myNntpObject.article('D8L4MFAG0') I get an error of
423 Bad article number. Which makes sense as all the other article
numbers are integers.

D8L4MFAG0 actually looks like a doc-id value for an NITF article
stored on the NNTP server which I am retrieving content off of.

Anyone have any ideas on how I fetch this content?

Jimmy