learning with python question (HtTLaPP)

umpsumps at gmail.com umpsumps at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 17:39:13 EDT 2008

Eric,

Thank you for helping.

Is the way I wrote the function inherently wrong?  What I wrote
returns the sequence, however I'm trying to make the output match for
the letters in the string entered, not necessarily the string
sequence.  For example if I search words.txt with my function for
'uzi' I get this:

>>> searchtxt('uzi')
gauziest
gauzier
fuzing
fuzils
fuzil
frouziest
frouzier
defuzing

113809 lines searched.. 8 uzi words present

Only the sequence shows up 'uzi'.  I don't get words like 'unzip' or
'Zurich' .  I've only barely started on invocation and maybe writing
something like I'm describing is above what level I'm currently at.