wrapping C functions in python

Paul Anton Letnes paul.anton.letnes at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 16:13:59 EDT 2008

Hello etc.

I am a "scientific" user of Python, and hence have to write some
performance critical algorithms. Right now, I am learning Python, so
this is a "newbie" question.

I would like to wrap some heavy C functions inside Python,
specifically a wavelet transform. I am beginning to become aquainted
with the functions PyArg_ParseTuple() and Py_BuildValue(). However, I
am unable to figure out how to pass Python list -> C function or C
array -> return value in Python. I manage to build and run the C
function, print to screen, pass string as argument, return an int,
etc. The thing which is missing is the magic array/list...

Thanks in advance! I fart in your general direction.
Paul.