A funnily inconsistent behavior of int and float

Mark Dickinson dickinsm at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 09:55:23 EDT 2008

On Apr 7, 6:43 am, "Colin J. Williams" <fn... at ncf.ca> wrote:
> This is good but the documentation for
> 3.0 is missing the syntax documentation
> from 2.5

Is

http://docs.python.org/dev/3.0/reference/lexical_analysis.html#integer-literals

the documentation that you're looking for?

But it seems to me that Lie's original point isn't really
about integer *literals* anyway---it's about the behaviour
of the built-in int() function when applied to a string.  So

http://docs.python.org/dev/3.0/library/functions.html#int

is probably the appropriate place in the documentation.  And
I agree that it could be made clearer exactly what strings are
acceptable here.

Mark