help: Question regarding parallel communication using python

pramod sridhar python.tsp at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 06:03:38 EDT 2008

Hello,

I would like from my Python application to control 2 (or more devices) using
the existing port's interface in my PC,like serial (COM1) or Parallel port
(lpt) or any other like PCI...etc.
The control mechanism usually involves sending messages to the connected
devices in parallel.
For instance, I would like to send a command to a target connected on COM
port and at the same time would like to read the value of a Digital
multimeter over other COM port ( or may be via USB with some adapter)

My Question is:
- Is it possible to achieve the above in Python ?
- Do we need to use any kind of Parallel processing to achieve this ?
- If so, Which of the available packages (like pypar or Pydusa..etc) suits
best ?

Please suggest.

Thank you very much in advance,

With Regards,