python-ldap: searching without specifying an OU?

hotani hotani at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 13:54:39 EDT 2008

It seems the only way I can bind is by using this format:
simple_bind_s('user at server.local','password')

If I try using a DN, it fails every time. This will not work:
simple_bind_s('cn=user,dc=server,dc=local', 'password')

Errors out with "invalid credentials": ldap.INVALID_CREDENTIALS:
{'info': '80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C090334, comment:
AcceptSecurityContext error, data 525, vece', 'desc': 'Invalid
credentials'}

If I put the *wrong* credentials in the first format, it will fail -
which seems to indicate the bind is working. With that
'successful' (?) bind, it is returning the bind error from my earlier
post only when I leave out the OU when searching.