py3k s***s

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Thu Apr 17 18:59:39 EDT 2008

> And I have been benefiting from Python in general, so far. Thanks,
> community.
>
> But now... I'll probably stop posting here for now, & I may stop other
> things too.
>
> Just my 2c.

You know what I was just wondering about? All these C-written
cross-platform libraries (which Python users benefit from, most probably
including evven you) that run on different unixes & windows, which are a
much greater diversity to handle than the not-even-yet-settled
differences between Py3K & 2.x. How the heck do they do that?

Oh, and these dreaded 64 bit processors, possibly with multi-cores,
which need changes in code as well, to be utilized to their power.

But then, these guys most probably don't whine about diversity and
constant change, and cry out useless threats to people who probably
can't care less.

Fare well, if you must. But getting mad over something which impact you
can't even judge right now is childish. Nothing else.

Diez