Mathematical Python Library

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.us
Mon Apr 7 14:47:27 EDT 2008

In article <DZSdnRBfsMGT02fanZ2dnUVZ_uSgnZ2d at earthlink.com>,
Dennis Lee Bieber  <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 09:05:57 -0700 (PDT), mc <m.otteneder at gmail.com>
>declaimed the following in comp.lang.python:
>
>> I'm looking for a library which can do mathematical stuff like
>> solving  equations. Or calculation the nulls of a function and so on.
>> Does anyone know one?
>>
>	Other than coding some serial/USB interface to an HP50g...
>
>	Maybe SAGE?
>			sympy?
>
>http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=python+computer+algebra+system&btnG=Google+Search
			.
			.
			.
While there are in fact several possible approaches to symbolic mani-
pulation of "mathematical stuff" in Python, I STRONGLY recommend that
beginners in the area look into SAGE <URL: http://www.sagemath.org/ >,
already mentioned above by Dennis.  SAGE is life-altering software, for
those with a life focused on mathematics or related science or
engineering.