How is GUI programming in Python?

Rune Strand rune.strand at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 18:32:10 EDT 2008

On Apr 12, 12:03 am, Michel Bouwmans <mfb.chikaz... at gmail.com> wrote:

> Qt Designer. And creating the GUI yourself in the text editor isn't that
> bad, plus you have much better control over it.

If you like designing isual elements in an editor, that's fine for
me!
I don't,
And as I don't do it all the time, I tend to forget constructional
details and waste life googling. So for me it's pain without
cognition. AKA waste of life.

Numerous RAD' env's, fx Delphi, suggests this kind of incredibly
boring almost pre-historic, self-pestering non-sense pain is ancient,
and I  happen to agree. It's an orthodox and monkish way of
programming. Some like it that way and that's none of my business. I
don't like it that way.

Designing GUI in a text-editor (for me) always produce a : "good
enough" and consumes a lot of life. The Boa constructor / Delphi way
produce "what I want" without _wasting life_. But Boa is too unstable,
and does not claim otherwise, and there's no descent alternative I'm
aware of.

So, GUI Python still sucks far too much. Console and web Python indeed
does not.

So if the Python Foundation arrange a "Descent RAD" effort, I'll
happily donate $100 for starters. I think Python should be just as
easily GUI'able as it is Console'able. Python is soon 20 years old!