ctypes: return a pointer to a struct

Jack nospam at invalid.com
Thu Apr 24 23:39:58 EDT 2008

Thanks for the prompt and detailed reply. I tried that but was getting this
error:

AttributeError: 'LP_IP2LocationRecord' object has no attribute
'country_short'

Here's my version, which I think is equivalent to yours:
(as a matter of fact, I also tried yours and got the same error.)

class IP2LocationRecord(Structure):
    _fields_ = [("country_short", c_char_p),
                ("country_long", c_char_p),
                ("region", c_char_p),
                ("city", c_char_p),
                ("isp", c_char_p),
                ("latitude", c_float),
                ("longitude", c_float),
                ("domain", c_char_p),
                ("zipcode", c_char_p),
                ("timezone", c_char_p),
                ("netspeed", c_char_p)]

IP2Location_get_all.restype = POINTER(IP2LocationRecord)
IP2LocationObj = IP2Location_open(thisdir + '/IP-COUNTRY-SAMPLE.BIN')
rec = IP2Location_get_all(IP2LocationObj, '64.233.167.99')
print rec.country_short
IP2Location_close(IP2LocationObj)

news:4dda2bd7-3348-496e-a594-35da0a34d4de at x35g2000hsb.googlegroups.com...