Translating keywords

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Apr 7 22:47:42 EDT 2008

En Mon, 07 Apr 2008 14:59:08 -0300, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu>
escribió:
> "Ronn Ross" <ronnbus at gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:d1c466d40804070747x34588c19id6f9050bf3cf5411 at mail.gmail.com...
> | This is my first post and I'm new to Python. How would someone go about
> | adding keywords to Python? It would be great to add support for
> Esperanto
> | keywords in the language instead of English being the only option.
>
> If you want other-language keywords, you should either use a translator
> processor or an editor that will do keyword substitution.  I do not know
> of
> such but I would not be surprised if there is one.  I suspect this sort
> of
> thing will more likely happen with Python 3, which will allow unicode
> keywords.

Python 3 allows for unicode identifiers, but I don'k know any plans for
using unicode keywords too. Looks funny:

∀ x ∈ values:
   if x ∉ forbidden ∧ x ≠ y:
     print(x, Γ(x), √(x))
print(∑(values))
near = λ a,b,ε=0.01: a-ε ≤ b ≤ a+ε

for x in values:
     if x not in forbidden and x!=y:
         print(x, gamma(x), math.sqrt(x))
print(sum(values))
near = lambda a,b,eps=0.01: a-eps <= b <= a+eps

--
Gabriel Genellina