python server side scripting with apache2

syed mehdi smmehadi at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 04:52:43 EDT 2008

Hi Guys,
I want to do server side scripting in python for one of my applications. So
after installing apache2, python lib for apache2 (libapache2....), and doing
some changes in default file in /etc/apache2/sites-available i was able to
execute python scripts in /var/www/ directory from client side.
but i want to place all of my python scripts in some other directory like
/home/username/myserver, so what changes i have to make in configuration
files at /etc/apache2/apache2.conf or some other place (like
/etc/apache2/sites-available/default), so that my server side scripts placed
in this folder (/home/username/myserver) gets executed from client side
using some url like http://machine-ip/home/username/myserver/abc.py.

Thanks & Regards
Syed