Ignoring windows registry PythonPath subkeys

Floris Bruynooghe floris.bruynooghe at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 07:27:54 EDT 2008

Hi

We basically want the same as the OP in [1], i.e. when python starts
up we don't want to load *any* sys.path entries from the registry,
including subkeys of the PythonPath key.  The result of that thread
seems to be to edit PC/getpathp.c[2] and recompile.

This isn't that much of a problem since we're compiling python anyway,
but is that really still the only way?  Surely this isn't such an
outlandish requirement?

Regards
Floris

[1]
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_frm/thread/4df87ffb23ac0c78/1b47f905eb3f990a?lnk=gst&q=sys.path+registry#1b47f905eb3f990a

[2] By looking at getpathp.c it seems just commenting out the two
calls to getpythonregpath(), for machinepath and userpath should work
in most cases.