Finally had to plonk google gorups.

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Wed Apr 16 10:19:37 EDT 2008

This morning almost half of c.l.p was spam.  In order to try to
not tar both the benign google group users and the malignant
ones with the same brush, I've been trying to kill usenet spam
with subject patterns.  But that's not a battle you can win, so
I broke down and joined all the other people that just killfile
everything posted via google.groups.

AFAICT, if you're a google groups user your posts are not being
seen by many/most experienced (read "non-google-group") users.
This is mainly the fault of google who has refused to do
anything to stem the flood of span that's being sent via Google
Groups.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I would like to
                                  at               urinate in an OVULAR,