ANN: pry unit testing framework

j vickroy Jim.Vickroy at noaa.gov
Wed Apr 2 14:17:33 EDT 2008

Aldo Cortesi wrote:
> We are happy to announce the first release of Pry, a unit testing framework.
>
> Features
> ========
>
>     * Built-in coverage analysis, profiling, and quick-and-dirty benchmarking
>     * Assertion-based tests - no ugly failUnless*, failIf*, etc. methods
>     * Tree-based test structure for better fixture management
>     * No implicit instantiation of test suits
>     * Powerful command-line interface
>

> Download:  http://dev.nullcube.com
>
> Manual: http://dev.nullcube.com/doc/pry/index.html

It appears this package can not be used with Microsoft Windows because
it uses the *fcntl* module which is not part of the Windows distribution.

 >>> import sys
 >>> sys.version
'2.5.2 (r252:60911, Feb 21 2008, 13:11:45) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)]'

 >>> import libpry
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\libpry\__init__.py", line 1, in
<module>
     from test import *
   File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\libpry\test.py", line 4, in <module>
     import _tinytree, explain, coverage, utils
   File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\libpry\coverage.py", line 3, in
<module>
     import utils
   File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\libpry\utils.py", line 1, in <module>
     import os.path, fnmatch, struct, fcntl, termios, os
ImportError: No module named fcntl

Unfortunate, because I'm definitely interested in the code coverage and
profiling features.

-- jv