is file open in system ? - other than lsof

A.T.Hofkamp hat at se-162.se.wtb.tue.nl
Wed Apr 16 09:20:01 EDT 2008

On 2008-04-16, bvidinli <bvidinli at gmail.com> wrote:
> is there a way to find out if file open in system ? -
> please write if you know a way  other than lsof. because lsof if slow for me.
> i need a faster way.
> i deal with thousands of files... so, i need a faster / python way for this.
> thanks.

This is not a Python question but an OS question.
(Python is not going to deliver what the OS doesn't provide).

Please first find an alternative way at OS level (ie ask this question at an
appropiate OS news group). Once you have found that, you can think about Python
support for that alternative.

Sincerely,
Albert