Brand New!

Paul Scott pscott at uwc.ac.za
Wed Apr 16 01:48:37 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 02:35 -0300, Gabriel Genellina wrote:
> I'm unsure if teaching Javascript, VBScript and Python at the same time is
> a good thing, I'd think one would get a language soup and mix all the
> concepts, but if it works for you, go ahead.
> For other resources, see the beginners section in the Python wiki:
> http://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide

Well, as an example, I learnt Python to a decent level of competency in
2 days. I looked through the Dive into Python tuts, and then had a look
at the Python GUI FAQ (Which didn't really help much, as I started with
a GTK based GUI app). A little bit of Googling and a couple of questions
to this list gave me everything that I needed to roll out a pretty
decent application in 5 days. Oh, and just by the way, I am _not_ a
Computer Scientist or anything, I am a botanist, which means that if I
can do that, just about anyone that can read can do it.

Python has been long on my list of TODO's, and now, finally, it is
there. I have immensely enjoyed it so far, and will continue to tinker
well into the future.

--Paul