Not Sure This Can Be Done...

gamename namesagame-usenet at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 1 16:57:24 EDT 2008

Hi,

I generally have several copies of the same development environment
checked out from cvs at any one time.  Each development tree has a
'tools' dir containing python modules.  Scattered in different places
in the tree are various python scripts.

What I want to do is force my scripts to always look in the closest
'tools' dir for any custom modules to import. For example:

tree1/tools
tree1/my_scripts/foo.py

tree2/tools
tree2/my_scripts/foo.py

How can I make 'foo.py' always look in '../../tools' for custom
modules? My preference would be to avoid changing the 'foo.py' script
and have some way to resolve it via the environment (like PYTHONPATH,
or .pth files, etc.).

Anyone have any ideas?
TIA,
-T