Learning curve for new database program with Python?

Jetus stevegill7 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 11:50:30 EDT 2008

I have a need for a database program. I downloaded the db2 from ibm,
and reviewed some of the documentation.

My question is, what is the easiest program for me to try to learn. I
will be creating a database of about 25,000 records, it will be
relational. I am a beginner Python programmer, and need a database
solution that is easy to grasp. I played with sql,
and found that very difficult, if not overly cumbersome.

A database that could work with Django would be very interesting to
look at as well..

Any suggestions out there?