python-ldap - Operations Error

theiviaxx at gmail.com theiviaxx at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 20:16:32 EDT 2008

Hello all, I am trying to integrate TurboGears with our Active
Directory here at the office.  TurboGears aside, i cannot get this to
work.  The simplest thing i can do to test this is:

>>> import ldap
>>> l = ldap.initialize("ldap://server.net")
>>> l.simple_bind(DN, "secret")
1
>>> l.result(1)
(97, [])
>>> l.search("dc=server,dc=net", ldap.SCOPE_SUBTREE, "(sAMAccountName=user)")
OPERATIONS_ERROR: {'info': '00000000: LdapErr: DSID-0C090627, comment:
In order to perform this operation a successful bind must be completed
on the connection., data 0, vece', 'desc': 'Operations error'}

The simple bind works fine and returns a result, when i get the
result, it returns 97 meaning successful.  So there was a successful
bind on the connection, right?  I'm really not sure where the problems
lies.  Is it with the way im connecting or is it something to do with
our AD server?

Thanks