print some text

barronmo barronmo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 15:05:22 EDT 2008

I'm a beginner searching for an easy way to print the contents of a
text control.  So far I've come up with the following(difficulties):

1) using wxPython
     -convert to HTML and then print (I don't know anything about
HTML)
     -use wx.Printout (Seems complicated; may be beyond my abilities)

2) create a text file and then print it out (can create but can only
print with the win32api.ShellExecute method so this solution doesn't
help me on my Linus laptop)

3) use ReportLab to create .pdf and then print that out (again, can
create but can't print in Linux)

Thanks for any help.

Mike