ANN: pry unit testing framework

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Sun Apr 6 21:02:34 EDT 2008

Aldo Cortesi <aldo at nullcube.com> writes:

> I'm afraid that Pry is unashamedly incompatible with any other unit
> testing method in existence, including but not limited to doctest,
> unittest, nose and py.test. ;)

Which makes the deliberate deviations from PEP 8 naming a large black
mark against it.

> Some day I might experiment with extending Pry to gather and run
> doctests and unittests. At this stage, however, I don't believe the
> (significant) effort would be worth it.

That's very unfortunate. Until it plays better with others, I don't
believe the effort of using this package will be worth it.

--
 \        "If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let |
  `\              'em go, because, man, they're gone."  -- Jack Handey |